If you’re wondering how much boot storage space the MG ZS EV 2023 Excite (or Essence versions) have, it’s listed as 359 litres which doesn’t sound like much.
I think that’s a mistake in MG’s marketing and the real space is just under 500L. Read on to find out why.
In my tests with the two ZS EV’s I had on loan for review in the last 6 months, I found it could fit quite a lot more than the 359L I expected once I moved the adjustable boot floor to a lower level.
- 2 x medium sized suitcases
- 2 x carry on luggage
- 2 x backpacks (1 small and 1 large)
- 1 x bag with my 7m Type 2 charging cable
Leaving unused space in the two little side storage netted off areas for dirty shoes, sandy flipflops, windshield cleaning cloths etc.
If you remove the foam insert under the boot floor and follow these instructions you can also fit a full spare tyre there.
In my shopping test the boot fitted
- 3 carrier bags full of food items, with space left for a 4th bag
- Large 3 wheel Rolser trolley
- 1 bag with my 7m Type 2 charging cable
Disappointingly there is no additional small storage space under the bonnet AKA a frunk (front trunk).