If you are a University, high school or primary school student/teacher or someone in your house is than you can get a special educational discount subscription to the Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) for between $25 and $135 dollars a year!
- To get the discount uni student/staff prices with home delivery during summer you need to sign up between Oct 7 2008 – Nov 14 2008
- Summer holidays 7-day home delivery for uni students/staff subscribers starts in early December and ends at the end of February
- Primary and High School students (or you as their parents) should ask your school if it participates in the Herald in the Classroom program. The Sydney Morning Herald is available for school delivery to teachers and students for only $27/term (thats $108/4 terms)
- Teachers can get the SMH and Sun Herald home delivered 7 days/week for $135
- University students get an even better deal by purchasing a SMH Tertiary card for $25 a year you get every weekday edition of The Sydney Morning Herald for the 40 weeks you’re at uni just by flashing your Tertiary Card at participating outlets and during uni holidays get the SMH and Sun-Herald home delivered 7 days/week.
- University staff get a similar deal SMH Tertiary Staff card for $50 a year.
You may wonder why the SMH sells these copies for so much less than the cost of buying a copy at newsagents. My guess would be:
- It lets them claim increased circulation figures to get more money from advertisers
- They hope that the school children and university students who participate in the program become long term readers and subscribers after they finish school/university
Call SMH Customer Service on 1300 306 355 with questions about your subscription, missing deliveries etc