Thanks to my broad general knowledge, research skills and ability to explain complex issues I have appeared in the online, print, radio and TV media: SBS World News Online, ABC News Online, ABC Local Radio, ABC Radio National, BBC World Service Radio, 10 News TV, Sky News TV, ABC News 24, News Ltd online, iTnews, APCMAG, IDG, YHA Backpacker Essentials magazine, GEARE magazine and a variety of other publications.
To learn more about me visit www.neeravbhatt.com
- Comment: Upgrading Australia’s attitude to e-waste on 13th November 2013.
- Comment: The question hanging over digital content on 11th December 2013.
- Comment: Is the education system ready for the future? on 13th December 2013.
- Comment: Diamonds aren’t forever on 28th January 2014.
- Comment: Australia’s energy security – running on fumes? on 4th March 2014.
- Comment: Face it, robots will take our jobs. How are you going to prepare for it? on 16th July 2014.
- REVIEW: Google Nexus 5 on 10th December 2013 for Business Spectator.
- Postcards from Kansas: Google Fiber lessons for our NBN on 6th September 2013 for Business Spectator.
- A solar catalyst for the auto industry on 16th August 2013 for Business Spectator.
- REVIEW: Nokia Lumia 925 on 12th August 2013 for Business Spectator.
- 4K TV a solution looking for a problem on 28th June 2013 for Business Spectator.
- REVIEW: Sony Xperia Z Tablet on 24th June 2013 for Business Spectator.
- REVIEW: Samsung Galaxy S4 on 20th May 2013 for Business Spectator.
- SpaceX and the business of space on 3rd May
2013 for Business Spectator.
- GoGet’s mixed traffic signals on 23rd April 2013 for Business Spectator.
- REVIEW: LG Optimus G on 3rd April 2013 for Business Spectator.
- REVIEW: BlackBerry Z10 on 27th March 2013 for Business Spectator.
- Technology Spectator on 13th February 2012. REVIEW: Samsung 840 PRO SSD
- Technology Spectator on 25th January 2013. REVIEW: Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Technology Spectator on 21st November 2012. Seven clever gifts for execs
- Technology Spectator on 19th November 2012. The future of flying
- Technology Spectator on 10th December 2012. REVIEW: Panasonic Toughpad FZ-A1.
- Technology Spectator on 23rd November 2012. REVIEW: Lenovo ThinkPad Twist
- Technology Spectator on 21st November 2012. REVIEW: Asus VivoBook F202E
- Technology Spectator on 19th November 2012. Talking start-ups with a Silicon Valley champion
- Technology Spectator on 14th November 2012. An inside look at StartupHouse
- Technology Spectator on 8th November 2012. REVIEW: Toshiba PORTÉGÉ Z930.
- Technology Spectator on 30th October 2012. Why Windows 8 is a hard sell.
- Technology Spectator on 22nd October 2012. Catching the next cab disruptor.
- Technology Spectator on 21st September 2012 The virtual Australian property boom . Also syndicated to Business Spectator.
- Technology Spectator on 4th September 2012. The future of Australia’s car manufacturing industry
- Technology Spectator on 3rd September 2012. REVIEW: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon.
- Technology Spectator on 7th August 2012. Australia’s role in the Mars Curiosity landing.
- Technology Spectator on 2nd August 2012. Nexus 7 Review. Syndicated to Business Spectator as Nexus 7 heaven.
- Technology Spectator on 1st August 2012. Google’s nexus of complaints. Syndicated to Business Spectator as Nexus of Google complaints
- Technology Spectator on 30th July 2012. Olympic Copyright Complications In an era where the internet facilitates the flow of information around obstacles like water bursting over a dam, decisions about how and when we decide to watch the games aren’t subject to TV schedules anymore.
- Technology Spectator on 20th July 2012. Why tech start-ups don’t fear
failure. Syndicated to Business Spectator as Embracing failure the start-ups’ way.
- Technology Spectator on 17th July 2012. .Telstra’s T-Hub revamp. Syndicated to Business Spectator as Can Telstra salvage the T-Hub?.
- Technology Spectator on 11th July 2012. Chargebar’s electric growth. Syndicated to Business Spectator as Chargebar’s simple success.
- Technology Spectator: on June 19th 2012. The NBN’s untapped teleworking potential. Also syndicated to Business Spectator.
- Technology Spectator: on June 14th 2012. The insane domain landgrab. Also syndicated to Business Spectator.
- Technology Spectator: on May 9th 2012. The NBN’s backup potential. Syndicated to Business Spectator.
- Technology Spectator: on February 17th 2012. Online retail’s import crossroad. Syndicated to Business Spectator.
- Technology Spectator: on February 13th 2012. Canberra yet to ratify ACTA as anti-piracy law comes under fire.
- Technology Spectator: on February 6th 2012. Quickflix welcomes HBO as strategic investor
- Technology Spectator: on 30th January 2012. REVIEW: HTC Velocity 4G smartphone.
- Technology Spectator: on 25th January 2012. Cricket Australia’s Twitter reality check.
- Technology Spectator: on 20th January 2012. EXCLUSIVE: Cricket Australia’s poor Twitter form.
- Technology Spectator: on 19th January 2012. Thwarting the great firewall. How to use a virtual private network (VPN) to bypass state censorship restrictions which hinder accessing parts of the internet.
- Technology Spectator: on 22nd December 2011. REVIEW: Motion CL900 SlateMate tablet for mobile enterprise workers.
- Technology Spectator: on 16th December 2011. Photo-finish. I explore the ongoing ignorance of copyright laws for photos used by the media.
- Technology Spectator: on 8th December 2011. Tablets Take To The Skies. I flew on a domestic flight recently with South African budget carrier 1time, the first airline in Africa to deploy Apple’s iPad 2 in the flight deck as an EFB.
- Technology Spectator: on 24th November 2011. REVIEW: Telstra 4G (LTE) USB Modem Dongle Speed Tests in Canberra and Sydney
- Technology Spectator: on 7th November 2011. REVIEW: Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook laptop and Introduction to Intel Ultrabooks in general
- Technology Spectator: on 7th October 2011. Samsung can’t stop the music
- Technology Spectator: on 4th October 2011. Review of Noise-canceling options for Business Travelers
- Technology Spectator: on 29th September 2011. Amazon sets booksellers on Fire
- Technology Spectator: on 16th September 2011. Panasonic Toughbook Android Tablet Preview
- Technology Spectator: on 12th September 2011. Lenovo ThinkPad Android Tablet Review
- Technology Spectator Exclusive: on 4th August 2011. REVIEW: Kobo Touch eInk eReader
- Technology Spectator Exclusive: on 19th July 2011. Will Google remaster its piracy efforts?
- Guest expert on Business Spectator Webinar Feb 8th 2011 – 2011 Year of the Tablet-iPad, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Apps and Connectivity.
- The science behind online content recommendations on 31st May 2013.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) Online
- ABC Tech & Games site What the Americans do with fibre-based broadband on 27th August 2013.
- ABC Tech & Games site Kobo Aura HD eBook eReader review on 29th April 2013.
- Photo Feature: Night Blossoms during Vivid Sydney on ABC News Online 30th May 2013.
- Photo feature: synchronised flying at Wings over Illawarra airshow on ABC News Online 6th May 2013.
- ABC Tech & Games site Kobo Aura HD eBook eReader review on 29th April 2013.
- ABC Tech & Games site eBook readers: Kindle Paperwhite versus Kobo Glo on 18th March 2013.
- ABC Tech & Games site Sir Tim Berners Lee Goes Down Under on 6th February 2013
- ABC Tech & Games site How cameraphones are changing the photography landscape on 6th December 2012.
- ABC Tech and Games Site Alone together: does technology isolate or connect travellers? on 8th October 2012.
- ABC Tech and Games Site on 14th August. Nexus 7 tablet review
- ABC Tech and Games Site on 30th April 2012. Levelling Up In Life, Avoiding Complacency, retitled to: I just passed 100,000 dollars in Google earnings. But unlike Nokia, I’m not resting on my laurels
- ABC Drum Unleashed: on 24th January 2012. Digital purchases: nothing to hold, nothing to keep
- ABC Drum Unleashed site: on 14 December 2011. Busting interest rates myths
- ABC Tech and Games site: on 13th September 2011. The NBN and Making Movies in Australia
- ABC Drum Unleashed site: on 4th August 2011. A low rate world is not in everyone’s interest
- ABC Drum Unleashed site: on 26th July 2011. Oceans are the key to avoiding a Soylent Green future
- ABC Tech and Games site: on 25th July 2011. Keeping in touch in remote Australia
- ABC Tech and Games Site on 2 March 2011 “TV is changing – can Australian free-to-air networks keep up?”
- ABC Tech and Games Site on 13 January 2011 “GST: No sympathy for retail fat cats”
- ABC Tech and Games Site on 6 December 2010 about Technology & Strategies to Meet Changing Audience Needs
- ABC Online (The Drum Unleashed) Apartment Dwellers – The Digital Underclass? (Featured links on Whirlpool forums homepage as “Industry news” and Overclockers Australia homepage in their daily news roundup).
- ABC Online (The Drum Unleashed) Future of manned space flight: a private frontier?
- ABC Unleashed (Opinion): Upcoming Digital Dark Ages? The Ephemeral Nature of Digital Information. Followed up by 15 minute interviews on ABC Statewide Radio and ABC Newcastle Radio.
- ABC Unleashed (Opinion) : Google’s Nexus One smartphone evolutionary rather than revolutionary
- ABC Unleashed (Opinion) : The future of journalism in 140 characters
- ABC Radio NSW and ACT Evenings with Dominic Knight on April 2nd 2013 about eBooks and Futuristic Libraries.
- BBC World Service interviewed me on December 13 2012 re Weak ACMA Australian Media Regulation.
- BBC Birmingham Radio Breakfast Show (MP3 link) interviewed me on 13th August 2012 about reflecting On London 2012 Olympics
- BBC World Service interviewed me on 17th July 2012 about My Thoughts on BBC World Service: Media Coverage of Sydney 2000 Olympics.
- ABC Radio NSW and ACT Evenings with Dominic Knight on 9th May 2012 about how electronics manufacturers such as Sony, Samsung and Panasonic are losing money on their TV manufacturing divisions.
- ABC Radio National – Download This Show with Marc Fennell on 18 March 2012, about Digital Job Interviews, Instagram, Social TV Apps
- ABC Radio NSW and ACT Evenings with Dominic Knight on March 7 2012 regarding the latest news about broadcast and streaming Digital Radio.
- ABC Radio NSW and ACT Evenings with Dominic Knight on January 20 2012 re Cricket Australia photography rules.
- ABC News 24 broadcast an interview with me, Youtube star Natalie Tran and Media buyer Harold Mitchell on October 14th 2011 about why young Australians are abandoning Broadcast TV for internet video and pirated tv shows from overseas networks. The story was also broadcast on ABC 7PM News that week on Saturday.
- ABC Radio National (Background Briefing) on 17 September 2011 about Astroturfing: the Internet is awash with misinformation, manipulated identities, fake reviews, and dishonest comments
- BBC World Service Radio: on 27th July 2011. My Thoughts on Olympic Legacies for Sydney 2000 and London 2012.
- ZDNET Patch Monday Podcast: on 11th July 2011 1/2hr Panel discussion re: “Can Google+ kill Facebook? Twitter?”
- MTR1377 Melbourne Talkback radio (1.7MB MP3 file) on 25th June 2011 at 240pm discussing the National Broadband Network
- ABC Newcastle Radio on 8th June 2011 at 210pm about how to cut your electricity bill by threatening to switch providers
- ABC Newcastle Radio on 6th May 2011 at 210pm reviewing The Banff Mountain Film Festival Australian Tour and Richard Branson’s new submersible deep sea exploration plans
- University of Technology Guest Lecture to Introductory Online Journalism students on 5th May 2011 about My Experience As a Pro-Blogger & Online Freelance Journalist
- ABC Radio National (Future Tense) on 5th May 2011 about Online Reputation Management
- ABC Newcastle Radio on 2nd February 2011 at 225pm reviewing Sanctum 3D Movie which I’d just watched at a press preview screening.
- ABC Radio National (Future Tense) on 21 October 2010 about the rise of geo-location technology: the pros and cons
- ABC Newcastle Radio on 29th July from 115-130pm about The Plastiki Expedition arrival in Sydney, how they communicated with media and their families using an Inmarsat satellite phone and how you can reduce the use of, reuse and recycle plastic waste like bottles.
- ABC Newcastle Radio on 20th July from 240-3pm regarding the Future of TV, Digital Radio and How to measure appliance electricity use to help save money. See Audio/Video slideshow of the discussion.
- ABC Radio National (Australia Talks) main guest from 6-7pm interviewed regarding the Future of TV: 3D, IPTV, connected home media centres, built-in Skype etc.
- ABC Radio National (Australia Talks) interviewed for 5-10 minutes regarding how technology has opened up new ways of communicating and fostered the creation of new words
- ABC Radio Australia Tech Stream (Interview): pros and cons of 3D TV – mostly cons except for gaming.
- ABC Radio Newcastle Afternoons with Carol Duncan (Interview): reviewing the new Australian WWI movie Beneath Hill 60 which I’d watched a media preview screening of before the public release.
- ABC Radio Australia Tech Stream (Interview): Interviewed regarding USB 3
- ABC Radio Australia Tech Stream (Interview): Interviewed regarding Google Nexus One phone
- iTnews on 13th August 2013. Photos: UNSW’s eVe solar racing car
- iTnews on 17th June 2013. Review: Sydney’s Opal smartcard
- iTnews: on 11th June 2013. Review: Review: HTC One.
- iTnews: on 27th May 2013. Review: Sony Xperia Z.
- iTnews: on 26th August 2011. Internode beats carbon forecasts for telepresence & Photo Gallery of Internode’s telepresence suite.
- iTnews: on 28th July 2011 Optus bids for home phones with femtocell launch & Photo Gallery.
- iTnews Exclusive: on 8th July 2011 Why mobile phones can’t fly: Qantas, Australia Post explain explosion risks from lithium-ion batteries
- iTnews Exclusive: Online voting the other winner in NSW election.
- iTnews Exclusive: Technology behind NSW State Election 2011. With supporting photo gallery including exclusive iPhone app images
- iTnews Exclusive: Kobo calls for calm over [Borders Australia and Angus & Robertson] bookstore bankruptcy. Syndicated to CRN
- iTnews Exclusive: Manhole covers – A walking history of Australia’s telecoms
- iTnews Exclusive: TechEd – Microsoft supports women in IT
- iTnews Exclusive: first VividWireless WiMax Sydney speed test results.
- iTnews: Telstra, Vodafone to sell Samsung Android phone. Galaxy S to be exclusive to Optus for one month.
- iTnews (News) Borders to sell Kobo e-Book reader for $199. Syndicated to CRN as well.
- iTnews (News) Borders Australia lays down challenge to Amazon.com. Syndicated to CRN as well.
- iTnews (Analysis) Revealed: HTC Desire’s hidden gems including Photo Gallery
- iTnews (Review): Acid Test – Telstra NextG Wireless Broadband Gateway. Syndicated to CRN as well
- iTnews (Exclusive News & Photos): Sneak Peek: Telstra’s first Android phone, the HTC Desire
- iTnews (News): Google enables multitouch on Android: Will Apple respond with a lawsuit?
- iTnews (Security) : Corporate spy risks from free email. Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Hotmail “completely vulnerable” by default. Syndicated to Secure Computing Magazine
Be Ready: Traders Hotels
- Wrote travel tips and travel gadget reviews. Site was shutdown in mid 2013. Only 1 of my Beready articles was indexed by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, linked below.
- How to: Avoid Credit Card Fraud When Travelling on 23rd February 2012
YHA Backpacker Essentials Magazine
- March 2012 – My article about visiting Canberra and associated photos was published in YHA Backpacker Essentials Magazine March 2012.
- October 2011 – New Zealand South Island – Beyond Christchurch in print and on YHA website. YHA New Zealand syndicated the article and re-published it on the Tourism New Zealand website with extra photos.
- June 2011 – Guide to Broome in print and on YHA website
- February 2011 – Budget Digital Cameras – Buyers Guide in print and on YHA website
Lots of 1-2 page articles as well as long feature articles about a diverse range of topics.
Issue #64 (over 20 pages): long feature articles about Electric cars and eBooks as well as reviews of Android tablets, looking back at 20 years of the Hubble Space Telescope, Windows Phone 7 launch and Budget Digital Cameras reviewed.
Issue #65 (10 pages): Augmented Humanity feature article, Oregon Weather Station review, Universal Power Supply (UPS) review and Rugged Technology review of a Motorola Defy Smartphone and Panasonic FT2 Digital Camera.
Issue #66 (14 1/2 pages): Deep Sea Submersibles feature (cover story), Space Flight & Exploration feature, National Broadband Network feature, Inflight Technology, Wisper 805FE Electric Bike Review and Jabra Stone 2 Bluetooth earpiece Review
Issue #67 (9 1/2 pages): Satellite communication: Spot 2 GPS messenger & Inmarsat iSatphone, Compact Ultrazoom GPS cameras: Canon SX230 HS vs Panasonic TZ20, Internode Fetch subscription IPTV, Samsung Galaxy S II and Huawei X5 Android mobile phones and a Netgear Gigabit switch.
Issue #69 (17 pages): Safari tech (6 page Feature), Geocaching, 3D Printing, taking Panoramic photos, Motorola RAZR review, Kobo Touch review, Kindle 4 6″ Wifi review and Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook review
Issue #70 (11 pages): Australia’s NASA HQ (4 page feature), Underwater Photography (4 page feature) and several Smartphone reviews: Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S III and HTC One X.
Chief Security Officer (CSO)
- Barack Obama’s security circus arrives in Oz: In Pictures on 18th November 2011. I jumped through countless security clearance hoops to get accreditation as a photojournalist 5 metres away from Barack Obama at the US Embassy event during his visit to Canberra.
- Destroying data to protect against fraud: Photo Gallery on 18th Oct 2011. Covered topics including: computer security software, cross cut shredders, hard drive destruction and business/government organisations that have responsibilities under the The Data Security section of National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
- Symantec Vision 2011 Sydney: Photo Gallery on 14th Sept 2011. Covered security issues such as BYO devices, energy security, jurisdiction of data stored in the cloud etc.
- Security 2011 show hits Sydney: Photo Gallery on 25th Aug 2011. Surveillance equipment, robot guards and even a Black Hawk helicopter was seen at the Security 2011 Exhibition in Sydney this week. I went along with my camera.
I wrote several articles each weekday about a variety of information technology related articles for CeBIT Australia in mid-2012. These are a selection of those articles:
- Future Of Mobile: Smartphones & Tablets Outsell PCs
- Organisations Need A Social Media Policy
- Business Deals: Understanding & Avoiding Decision Fatigue
- US Senate and House Pass Crowdfunding Law
- Interview: Manuela Davidson, ABC Mobile Executive Producer
- Interview: Paul De Martini, Newport Consulting Group
- Interview: Jane Huxley, CEO and Publisher, Digital at Fairfax Media
- Interview: Denis Tebbutt, Vendor Engagement, National E-Health Transition Authority (NEHTA) and How IT Industry Can Transform Australian Healthcare
- 5 Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) Issues
- Mobility: Increasing Staff Efficiency Through Teleworking
- Longer Term Implications of Cloud for Organisations & CIO’s
- Entering World of XaaS: Everything As A Service
- Mobile Commerce (mCommerce) Trends and Innovations
- Be Prepared For Internet Of Things (IOT)
- Interview: Professor Paddy Nixon, Deputy Vice Chancellor Research, University of Tasmania (UTAS)
- Samsung Australia Launches Galaxy S III Smartphone
Other Media Outlets
- I wrote an article for Smart Home Ideas magazine May 2012 about an innovative Australian company called Print2Metal
- PC AUTHORITY First Look-Millennius Apanda A60 Android phone review and photo gallery
- Part of the Official Blogging Team for the Sydney Film Festival
- Several mentions of me and quite a few of my photographs were used in a series of nineMSN travel stories regarding the Canon/Tourism NZ Trip in March at: Jules Lund’s New Zealand ‘photourism’ adventure, Peddling through NZ’s jewel of eco-tourism, New Zealand birds are a little camera shy (albatross and kiwi that is), Heli to the hump and Frodo, beware
- PC AUTHORITY (Feature) eBook reader buyer’s guide: four challengers to the Kindle
- CNN Travel (Opinion): Celebrate Easter Aussie style with a weekend trip to Sydney
- APCMAG (News): Existing Australian TiVO’s Won’t Get New Series 4 Features
- APCMAG (Review): Western Digital My Book 3.0 external hard drive – USB3 Heralds Blazing Fast File Transfers
- APCMAG (Review): Google Nexus One Android 2.1 with Multitouch
- APCMAG (Review): Kodak Zi8 camcorder takes the fight to Flip
- APCMAG (Review): Motorola Milestone – the Droid we’ve been waiting For?
- APCMAG (News) : Panasonic blocks use of generic cheap LUMIX camera batteries
- APCMAG (Opinion) : TiVo takes on Foxtel and iTunes with on-demand TV, movies
- APCMAG (Exclusive) : Optus deliberately blocking Android paid apps (picked up afterwards by Slashdot, Lifehacker, Gizmodo and Phandroid)