I often get asked which broadband Internet provider I use – the answer is simple: I recommend Internode Broadband Internet ADSL and have been a customer of theirs since early 2002.
Internode is a 100% Australian owned business, born out of skills developed in the original deployment of AARNet, the academic sector pre-cursor to the commercial Internet in Australia. Since that time, they’ve pioneered Internet developments in Australia, leading the industry with a passion for technical innovation and excellence few other carriers or service providers can match.
These are just some of the reasons why I’ve stayed an Internode customer over the years and recommended them to many friends and business associates:
- They offer fast, reliable broadband ADSL internet access, at a fair price with good customer service and employ only Australian staff including for their technical support call centre.
- Simon Hackett (the owner of Internode) and many of his staff regularly help customers out on the Whirlpool Broadband forums
- Whenever there’s an independent national survey of people with broadband internet the vast majority of Internode customers say it has exceeded or mostly met their expectations and “Internode users were more likely to be very satisfied overall and with their connection speed, total cost and payment options (for ADSL2+ services)”.
- Internode regularly receives awards eg: from APC Magazine, PC Authority, Whirlpool forums – Service Reliability Awards
- Internode has embraced renewable energy by contracting to use 100 per cent “GreenPower” throughout its operations
Some Thoughts from the Internode Management Team
“Internode is a First Tier Internet services provider. We use the best technology, harnessed by our excellent network design team, to deliver the best end-to-end network service we know how to build. We provide a consistently reliable service that we deeply care about, whether you’re a business, corporation, government department or home user.”
– Simon Hackett, Founder & Managing Director, Internode.
“Being an Internode customer isn’t just about buying our services. We prefer to see it as joining a group of people and businesses that want converged communications to be the reliable, revolutionary technology that simply – yet dramatically – makes our lives better.”
– Pat Tapper, Chief Executive Officer, Internode