Adextinguisher Installation for Internet Explorer 5/5.5/6 or Netscape 6.X
on Windows 95/98/ME
- Go to Start button-->Settings-->Control Panel-->
- Click on Connections tab.
- In the Dial-up Settings window, choose the connection you are using.
Frequently there is only one listed.
- Click the Settings button to the right of the connection list.
- Check the box labeled Use a Proxy Server.
- Click the Advanced button to the right of the box you just checked.
- In the Proxy Settings field, enter adext-localhost for the HTTP proxy.
- In the Port field to the right of it, enter 8882 or whatever port
you selected when you installed. 8882 is the default.
- Download Ad Extinguisher.
- Save the file adext.exe to your Desktop or downloads directory.
- Double-click on the file adext.exe in Windows Explorer to run it.
The Setup box will appear.
- Read ALL the information below, then close your web browser, and
click on Setup.
- When Adextinguisher has been installed and you have restarted your computer visit some commercial web sites like ZDNET Downloads and see how nice they are without the ads. You do not have to do anything to make adextinguisher block ads now, it should do so by itself, if you find a site where ads are not blocked tell me about it.
Note that ads are now transparent. For tech support, to make suggestions about the page or to tell me about ads that are not blocked, have a look at the Help part of this website, and if you cant find the information you want there, Contact Me. I'll do my best to help but there is no warranty.
To Uninstall the program: Go to Start Menu, Control Panel, Settings, Add/Remove Programs and Double-click Ad Extinguisher 1.0