Prices for a NSW Compulsary Third Party (CTP) Green slip can vary dramatically between the 7 insurers who provide cover (AAMI, Allianz, CIC Allianz, GIO, NRMA, QBE, Zurich)
Pricing for CTP insurance is provided by a number of licensed insurance companies who set premium prices in a competitive market.
Note our sponsor Value Green Slips is the highest volume online CTP Greenslip agent in Australia for Zurich, Allianz, CIC and QBE.
Many readers have asked me about the option of registering private vehicles for 6 months or commercial vehicles for 3 months. Value Greenslips may be able to assist you in that area, RTA Eligibility rules apply.
They may take into account factors such as:
- your accident record
- the age of all regular drivers that drive your vehicle
- the age of your vehicle
- the type of vehicle
- comprehensive or third party property insurance
- the purpose for which your vehicle is used (private or business)
- renewal or new green slip
The criteria used by an insurer reflect its views on the risk associated with those factors.
The Motor Accident Authority (MAA) provides a free Green Slip price comparison service on it’s website which will quote you the price from all 7 insurers in less than 5 minutes and saved me $200 compared to the 2nd cheapest green slip 🙂
To use the MAA free Greenslip price comparison service you’ll have to be able to answer 20-odd questions like:
- What date will the CTP Policy (greenslip) commence?
- What type of vehicle is the greenslip for?
- Where is the vehicle normally garaged? (postcodes are used to determine how risky a customer you are based on claims by other people in you area)
- What is the age and gender of the youngest driver of the vehicle? (Cars with younger drivers below 25 years of age tend to be more likely to get damaged and therefore insurance will cost more)
In Queensland, the Motor Accidents Insurance Commission also provides a similar CTP Premium Calculator